Nutritional Supplements & Nutraceuticals Flexible Packaging
In this highly regulated market, a commitment to quality and regulatory compliance is a must. We provide:
- Full traceability on all raw materials
- Quick turnaround of regulatory compliance documentation
- Robust internal auditing systems
All of Glenroy’s printing, laminating, and pouch converting is done in the U.S., and our onsite packaging engineers provide invaluable resources such as onsite support and engineering optimal film laminations based on your products and filling equipment.
Consumer-friendly Stand-up Pouches
We’ve eased the transition for several brands converting from rigid packaging to stand-up pouches. Our package engineering team can collaborate with you to ensure your stand-up pouches are fully customized for your nutritional products.
We’re able to deliver innovative pouch prototypes printed with your graphics that incorporate convenient features or modern shapes to differentiate your products. Our wide range of pouch converting equipment has produced award-winning pouches and offers some of the most extensive in-house premade pouch converting capabilities in the industry.
A variety of spouts and fitments are available that allow you to put products into spouted pouches that were once limited to rigid packaging. For instance, the new EZ Pour spout features a wide spout designed for powders and granulates such as nutritional powders and drink mixes.
This customized shaped pouch with EZ Pour spout provides:
- One-handed convenience
- Built-in tamper evidence
- An easy to use flip cap (no loose cap to keep track of)
- A distinctive shape to differentiate your product and stand out on shelves
- Clean and controlled pouring
A variety of other spouts are also available, which can include valves and other features. Shapes are also fully customizable.
Single-dose packaging such as stickpacks and single-use pouches provide today’s on-the-go consumers with portability and convenience. We offer proprietary flexible packaging materials designed specifically for these uses. For instance, to make single dose packages effortless for consumers to open, we offer materials with easy tear propagation or laser scoring.
Stickpack packaging material requires certain properties that allows the material to perform well in filling lines. Our stickpack materials are used by leading nutritional brands for products such as drink mix supplements and protein powders.
Flexible Packaging Benefits
Flexible packaging offers many benefits in addition to convenience, functionality, portability, & shelf impact:
- A product that replaces rigid packaging with lightweight flexible packaging consumes less energy in the manufacturing process, offers significant energy savings in the transportation process, and results in a package that uses much less space in a landfill.
- Switching from plastic bottle packaging to flexible packaging can also result in faster filling rates and savings on storage space.
Nutritional & Nutraceutical Applications
We have the technology and expertise to manufacture flexible packaging for a wide array of nutraceuticals, including:
- Functional beverage mixes & foods
- Liquid supplements
- Protein drink mixes
- Energy bars
- Supplement tablets and capsules
- Dissolvable strips
- Effervescent tablets and powders