Quality Control Manager
Menomonee Falls, WI
Hours: 40 hours/week - Mon- Fri 8:00am to 4:30pm
Salary/Wages: $50,000.00 Annual Salary
The Quality Control Manager, under the direction of and reporting to the Senior Manager of Quality & Regulatory, is responsible for leading the quality control department through monitoring, improving and optimizing product quality, supporting key quality systems and managing the quality control personnel.
- Establish quality procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Collaborate with supply chain to ensure raw materials from external suppliers meet quality requirements.
- Set and enforce standards for health and safety.
- Ensure processes and requirements are in compliance with both all applicable regulatory and customer standards.
- Offer recommendations to company management on ways to improve on existing quality processes.
- Collect, compile, and analyze relevant quality statistical data to obtain information regarding quality performance
- Lead staff to ensure they perform their duties in line with established quality procedures.
- Review existing process and product specification to identify the need for improvement or upgrade
- Prepare reports on quality activities and KPIs.
- Maintain proper records of quality test, procedures and standards.
- Manage, coach and develop the quality control personnel and help develop the team to support department objectives.
- Manage the QC Laboratory, including test method development, validation and daily operations of product testing and inspection.
- Lead the QC department to complete incoming material testing, in-process testing and inspection and finished good testing to meet deadlines.
- Provide ideas for new test methods and customer support to ensure products meet the expectation of our customers.
- Support PM and calibration of laboratory test equipment.
- Support corrective action program for internal failures, work with corrective action originators to develop root cause and corrective action analysis and follow-up as needed to ensure corrective actions are completed and verified.
- Support change control program to ensure all applicable changes are reviewed and evaluated to ensure changes are implemented appropriately and customers are notified when necessary.
- Lead root cause investigations and effectiveness checks for complaints, deviations, non-conformances, CAPA, etc. and engage multiple departments as needed to successfully monitor status, document findings and respond to customers.
- Support supplier non-conformance. Ensure supplier corrective actions are completed and evidence is gathered. Attend supplier meetings and travel to applicable suppliers to address quality issues and concerns.
- Work with Leads and Process Managers on quality control initiatives on the floor.
- Support document review and creation for QC related documents. Review and approve company-wide documents from a quality perspective as requested.
- In conjunction with manufacturing, make quality decisions on the floor to determine if material on hold should be sent to customers, if deviations are required and if non-conforming material should be rejected. Work with applicable departments to mitigate risks.
- Represent Quality and assist with material and equipment qualifications, validations and designs of experiments.
- Support the internal audit team, conduct internal process audits, summarize audit results, present findings and work with applicable departments to finalize root cause and corrective actions to close out audit findings as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communications required.
- Strong time management, problem solving and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and an investigative mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a quality leadership role is required.
- Experience in the Flexible Packaging Industry is a plus.
Percentage Travel: 0% | Direct Reports: 6